Keep Your Body in Tip Top Shape
Alkaline diet is one of the best ways to keep your body in tip top shape. While the food you eat does not have any direct effect on your body’s pH levels, your body still needs the proper amount of nutrients in order to function properly. Do you know that most of the dishes you love to eat are acid-forming?
Most meat and dairy products, as well as processed food, are acid forming. There’s a nice list of alkaline foods you should be eating over at Alkaline Benefits website. You might want to check that out if you’re truly serious about embarking on this journey. If your body absorbs a large amount of acid, it will dump the excess acid out to regulate the pH level. However, this process is a bit slow, so if you keep on eating only acidic food, your body won’t be able to keep up, and you will be more susceptible to many diseases.
10 Health Benefits of Alkalinity
It’s good to balance your food intake by going on an alkaline diet plan. Aside from helping your body regulate its pH levels by lessening the amount of acid, it absorbs; alkaline-producing food also provides many health benefits:
1. An alkaline diet greatly reduces the risk of heart problems because it consists mainly of natural food. Vegetables like soybeans, carrots, mushrooms and cabbage; or fruits such as bananas, strawberries and potatoes all contain the proteins and minerals that your heart needs to function well.
2. Eating fruits and vegetables also increase the body’s energy levels because of the amount of nutrients they provide, which helps in cellular regeneration. Healthy cells are more capable in containing and delivering oxygen to the body, which in turn reduces fatigue and increases energy.
3. Increased acidity lowers the body’s immune system, which results in the body being prone to sickness. Since alkaline-producing foods reduce the amount of acid intake, the immune system can protect your body more efficiently.
4. Eating more alkaline-producing food also helps reduce inflammation in your body. Inflammation also causes your immune system to weaken, making you vulnerable to many diseases. If inflammation is taken care of, your immune system can work at its peak.
5. Cells that are deprived of certain nutrients function less efficiently and regenerate at a slower rate. If this happens, your body will age faster than it normally should. Since alkaline foods are rich in the nutrients that your cells need, it helps slow down the aging process by keeping you healthy.
6. Alkaline diet also increases strength in your teeth and gums. If your mouth is acidic, it will allow quick bacteria build-up. Eating food rich in alkaline helps in strengthening your gum cavities to hold your teeth in place.
7. Many acid forming foods contain a lot of sugar which contributes in the formation of diabetes in the body. Going on an alkaline diet reduces the risk of getting diabetes due to the fact that the nutrients found in fruits and vegetables help the liver release glucose, which keeps your blood sugar levels regulated.
8. Alkaline-rich foods such as green vegetables (cabbage and lettuce) contain vitamin A, which greatly improves eyesight.
9. Alkaline diet also helps reduce the risk of gout by providing certain nutrients that help the kidney function properly, by dumping uric acid out of the body.
10. The nutrients found in alkaline-producing foods greatly contribute to hormonal development, which results to a healthy body.